STARTING THE SCHOOL YEAR OFF CAVALIER STYLE

Students experiencing the gaming club at Freshman Retreat.

Maddie Romak, Writer

As we all know, starting freshman year is nerve-racking, and sometimes trying to meet new people is hard. One of the best ways to get to know people is through having some fun, Spalding’s way of doing this is Freshman retreat. Freshman retreat at Spalding is a way to get all the freshmen together to get advice from their senior mentors, meet other freshmen, and get a little more use to the school. As a sophomore, I remember my freshman retreat, and I had a blast. However, to get some insights on this year’s retreat with the class of 2023, I asked fellow Spalding friends, Ella Reilly and Annika Standish, on their experience of the retreat this year.

“I had a great experience at freshman retreat. My favorite game was spike ball and I really liked my senior mentor. I think freshmen retreat helped a lot of us get to know each other” – Ella Reilly (‘23) 

“I had an awesome experience at freshman retreat. My favorite game was gaga ball and I made lots of new friends. I think freshmen retreat helped a lot of us get to know each other better and the school. I am glad I went and wish I could do it again. I hope all the incoming freshmen next year have as good of a time as me” – Annika Standish (‘23)