Christmas Door Decorating Contest

Emily Baddour, Editor-In-Chief

The annual Christmas Door Decorating Contest was back at Archbishop Spalding this past holiday season. The faculty participated in the contest by decorating their doors. It is a great way to spread Christmas cheer throughout the school. The contest is organized by Mr. Medoff, an English teacher at Spalding since 2016.

Mr. Medoff said, “I love helping organize this because I’m helping to organize the spreading of joy! We work in an environment that is already teeming with energy and camaraderie among the faculty, making my role very minor. I just hope it makes the students as happy as it makes me!” As Mr. Medoff said, the doors definitely do bring joy to our community. 

A secret panel of faculty judged all the decorated doors around the school. After seeing all of the doors, the judges selected a first, second, and third place door. The top three doors were the Engineering Wing, Cavalier Shop, and Nurse’s Office. The Engineering Wing took first place with their theme of Santa’s Workshop. Second place was the Cavalier Shop displaying characters from Frosty the Snowman, Winne the Pooh, Despicable Me, Peppa Pig, and Star Wars playing in the snow. The Nurse’s Office came in third place with a scene from A Charlie Brown Christmas decorated on their door. While walking through the school, you could feel the Christmas spirit around you. The doors brought a sense of happiness to all of the students and faculty members at Archbishop Spalding.