Spalding 2021 Variety Show

Emily Baddour, Writer

Archbishop Spalding put on an amazing Variety Show on March 30, 2021. It was directed by Mrs. Hough, Music Department Chairperson. A Variety Show contains various types of entertainment that includes different acts. The show this year consisted of twenty-five outstanding performances. Many students sang and played instruments, such as the ukulele, guitar, piano, and trumpet.

A number of students performed their own original songs, duets, instrumentals, music they arranged themselves, and one student even performed with their father. Christina Smith, class of 2023, was one of the students who performed her original song. Her song is called “Not a Typical Break up Song” and she also played the ukulele while singing. Two students who performed a duet together were Logan Dixon, class of 2022, and Daniel Jones, class of 2023. They sang the song “Just for a Moment.” Due to Covid-19, there was no live audience and everything was pre-recorded. Throughout the recording of the show Covid-19 safety precautions were in place. There was social distancing, masks, temperatures being taken, a limited number of people in a room at a time, and times of arrival and departure were written down. The show was presented as a Google Meet Watch Party. 

The Variety show is a great way for students to show off their talents to the community. If you did not have a chance to watch this year, make sure to tune in next year to see Spalding students on the stage. Thank you Mrs. Hough for all of your hard work to make the show a success and contributing to this article, along with Logan Dixon.