Virtual Learning Tips

Maddie Romak, Writer

While Spalding is currently offering hybrid learning to their students, many have chosen virtual. With the pandemic at its peak, many parents and students have made the decision to have their child virtual for the holiday season. Some of my peers and I have been virtual since the start of the year, so to the kids who just became virtual, especially the class of 2021 and 2022 at the height of our stress, here are some tips to get you through this chaotic year.

I interviewed my two peers, Zoe Lahdelma-Sanderson (‘22) and Taylor Perkins (‘22) on some tips they have for students from home trying to get those good grades this year.

“As far as school, I think having a planner is really helpful to keep organized and on top of work. The built in breaks for some of my classes are helpful too, because staring at a screen all day can be difficult. So I try to stay off my electronics when I am on break, I like to walk and around and drink water.” (Taylor Perkins ‘22).

“Like Taylor, I really utilize my planner, I write lists and things I need to get done. I always make sure I have water next to me while I am at my desk during class so I can stay hydrated. I also try making my notes fun, by using colored pens, markers, and highlighters. I think the most important thing to do is to make sure you do find time to socialize, whether it be with your family or to FaceTime your friends.” (Zoe Lahdelma-Sanderson ‘22).