Young Spalding Tradition Continued at Color Run

Back to Article
Back to Article

Eddie Hagigh, Editor-in-Chief

On October 6, 2019, Spalding continued a tradition that is becoming a highlight of ASHS student life: the Color a Cav run.

This year, the run was held on a Sunday to accommodate students taking a fall SAT exam. The theme of the 2019 run was to celebrate our Spalding families, whether that is of current Spalding students, Spalding faculty, or even families of students at our “feeder” schools.

Miss Marcie had high praise for the event, saying, “We had a great turn out of faculty and their families. Their children were so adorable and had so much fun thanks to the Make Every Day Count students [and] parents who organized and worked the event and the Art Club who provided face painting.”

In addition, a Kona Ice truck and snack shack were set up for those who made the trip. Mr. and Mrs. Barlieb were responsible for this, and Miss Marcie also wished to extend her thanks to them for this enormous help.

The day began with Mass in the school chapel with Father Ryan; Mrs. Cannon and Mrs. Mahar made the trip to celebrate the color run. At the run, Mrs. Klemm organized the music and sound, while Mr. Medoff reprised a popular role of his in being emcee. With all of their help, everyone was then ready to run and later get redecorated by a humongous wave of color. To add on to the fun, the start/finish line was under a Spalding-inspired balloon arch designed by Mrs. Tello.

Miss Marcie was again thrilled with the turnout this year, and she encourages more people to show out next year in order to make the event even more popular.

If you are interested in helping plan for next year, you can either see Miss Marcie in her office on the second floor of the LMC, or you can email her at [email protected] A special thanks to her for providing the information and pictures for this article, as well as to all those who helped plan for and participate in the color run!